CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Hybrid Graphics (DRI_PRIME)

I have a number of launchers with commands that look something like this:

"/home/user/.cxoffice/Rift/desktopdata/cxmenu/StartMenu.C^5E3A_users_Public_Start^2BMenu/Programs/Glyph/Glyph.lnk" %u

How/where do I add "DRI_PRIME=1" so that I can use the more powerful half of my hybrid graphics setup?

Environment variables like "DRI_PRIME=1" are placed before the command itself, for instance:

DRI_PRIME=1 glxgears

So, I think you can put it in the beginning of the line you mentioned is in the laucher, OR you can edit the .lnk file itself, which contains an exec command and place it before the exec.

If I put it at the start of the launcher command I get an error message.

How do I edit the lnk?

You need to open up a terminal, then go to the folder with the .lnk file:

cd /home/user/.cxoffice/Rift/desktopdata/cxmenu/StartMenu.C^5E3A_users_Public_Start^2BMenu/Programs/Glyph/

Then you may use your favorite text editor (I use kate - I'm a KDE user), but I like mcedit when I'm on a text terminal. You may use the one that comes with your distro, like vi or nano:

nano glyph.lnk

or you can type the whole path together with the filename:

nano /home/user/.cxoffice/Rift/desktopdata/cxmenu/StartMenu.C^5E3A_users_Public_Start^2BMenu/Programs/Glyph/glyph.lnk

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieENXcDZ3bVo2a0t0cUZ2ZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9