CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Any luck with Ubuntu 18.04 and Crossover?

Greetings!

With the impending release of Ubuntu 18.04, has anyone tried Crossover and Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016? I'm just wondering how badly things will be broken with the next LTS release.

Running a few tests of Office 2016 and Steam on the Ubuntu Bionic Beaver development branch did not show any noticeable breakage. If you upgrade to 18.04 and experience any new issues with CrossOver as a result, please let our support team know.

Thanks,
Anna

Will do. I'm just waiting until the official comes out. Of course, I'd love to see Clem update Linux Mint. But, that will likely take a while.

Mike

yeah - the LinuxMint update will be released around June, most likely.

• any Beta would be available in May, one would surmise.

I am now running 18.04 LTS and am new to CO. I will post updates here as I go.

So Far:

• Office 2016 installed fine

• Word, Excel, Power Point all work well
    • Skype for Business does not launch - No visible error, just nothing happens
    • Outlook launches but will not complete the initial configuration of my account - "Something went wrong" error
  • .net 4.5.2

• Installer completed .net 2.0 and SP install
    • Installer looked like it completed .net 4.5.2 but remained open. anfter cancel debug showed a loop of:

fixme:wer:WerSetFlags (2) stub!
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {5c6fb596-4828-4ed5-b9dd-293dad736fb5}
err:ole:StdMarshalImpl_MarshalInterface Failed to create ifstub, hres=0x80004002
err:ole:CoMarshalInterface Failed to marshal the interface {5c6fb596-4828-4ed5-b9dd-293dad736fb5}, 80004002
fixme:ole:NdrClearOutParameters (0x33d7f0,0x7eb1b260,0x33dc34): stub
err:ole:ifproxy_release_public_refs IRemUnknown_RemRelease failed with error 0x800706ba

Will test .net functionality next:

• PDQ Deploy
    • recognized .net as being installed and success installed itself
    • Launches but cannot connect to the server.

It seems at this point all of my issues are related to applications installed in CO not being able to communicate with the network.

Will check forums to see if I missed a configuration step for CO.

Actually Microsoft Office 2016 works great, the only problem is that you can't login into your Studen Microsoft Account. If you try to do that Office won't open again.

I just thought I'd add my experience:

Fresh 18.04 64bit build.

I initially had Crossover 17.1 but no luck. Today I updated to 17.5 and had much better progress.
I needed to install the pre-requisite: sudo apt-get install libxcomposite1:i386
I used a Office 2016 ISO, 32bit , expanded on my ubuntu 18.04 desktop.
I used a Win10 32 bit bottle, and chose file as opposed to folder: setup.exe

All went fine until it completed and I ended up with no menus. I tried edit menus / recreate.
I spent too much time searching the net and re-installed it 4 times, before I noticed.

Crossover creates a new bottle, separate from the one you made for the install. I've no idea if this is "normal" and I'm a noob but it confused the hell out of me. There was no guidance, no warning, no messages, no manner of searching google for missing menus gave any good result.
I just saw it by luck in the mass of Bottles I have installed.

New Bottle: Microsoft_Office_2016

Just adding here in case anyone else has a problem with what appears to be menus missing.

Both Progecad and Adobe dreamweaver 32bit works great i am gonna try installing 64bit versions of both programs and see if they work.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.

Installing Office 2016 runs and the document opens. Shortly after that office freezes, and I get the message - something went wrong.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZTdZSHp0eXFua2hQa2tyMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9