CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't find Bottle Manager

This may be an old issue but the only thread about it is:
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=26;mhl=197591;msg=197493#msg197591

The documentation says there is a bottle manager but the command line it shows is just a link to crossover. There is no menu option Tools-->Manage Bottles
Here's the link to the relevant documentation page
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-linux/officesetup

Has the Bottle Manager been removed but the documentation not updated?
Has the way to start it been changed?

What I'm interested in is how to remove an application and its shortcut
1) I have an application that needed a re-installation. It provides an uninstall program but, while it removed the program files, it didn't remove the shortcut showing in the bottle. It also didn't remove the system menu link under Windows Applications.
2) I forced an install of Dependency Walker in the same bottle (an unsupprted Win7 bottle -- it works BTW) to see what would happen and now I can't remove it.
3) I tried using the Create Launcher button on the Run dialog ) to see what it does (I used cmd.exe) but discovered that I can't remove it.

Much of what has been documented for the Bottle Manager is available through context menus but removing an application is not.
Am I now stuck with broken menus items and bottle shortcuts or is there a way to remove them?

Note: I installed Dependency Walker by itself in another bottle. I got two links to it in my desktop Windows Applications menu which did disappear when I deleted the new bottle.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV05DdHZNcHRhM05YUFo2OCIsImdkcHIiOjB9