CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Overwatch DXVK Crossover Linux 18.0

Hi,
I was using fedora and with Lutris I was able to run Overwatch with DXVK, now i switched to RHEL 7 and Lutris is not available so i tried Crossover 18 as it has Vulkan (DXVK) support.

1. On Crossover I have trouble enabling DXVK in bottles, it is greyed out. Picture tutorials would help alot !

2. I want to use Wine-staging provided by Lutris so i downloaded that wine manually how can I include that to crossover (Wine has older version in RHEL official repos) which folder to put in the wine I installed ?

Jatin Garg wrote:

Hi,
I was using fedora and with Lutris I was able to run Overwatch with
DXVK, now i switched to RHEL 7 and Lutris is not available so i
tried Crossover 18 as it has Vulkan (DXVK) support.

1. On Crossover I have trouble enabling DXVK in bottles, it is
    greyed out. Picture tutorials would help alot !

2. I want to use Wine-staging provided by Lutris so i downloaded
    that wine manually how can I include that to crossover (Wine has
    older version in RHEL official repos) which folder to put in the
    wine I installed ?

If the DXVK option is greyed out, this is probably because CrossOver cannot find libvulkan on your system. Do you have libvulkan installed, along with compatible drivers? (Without these, DXVK will not work.) If you don't have these things, you'll need to install them and then re-run the DXVK crosstie.

Hi, I installed Vulkan, "sudo yum install Vulkan" and one provided by the Nvidia drivers. Its not greyed out but now do i have to install DXVK separately like on other thread i read it said you need to add it to wine bottle, if not then probably this is working.

Issue 2- And how to make crossover detect a wine version installed manually (not from the repos) where do i need to put the wine-staging folder i downloaded from Lutris.

I will update on this post if i was able to make overwatch work or not and on lutris it was at 60 FPS on Nvidia 1050 ti. So lets see.

Help me with wine-staging to be detected by the crossover.

You do need to re-install DXVK using the crosstie (you must have done that once already, just do the same thing again now that you have Vulkan installed).

CrossOver has a built-in Wine, which is the only one it will use. You cannot change versions of Wine with CrossOver.

Just installing DXVK in the same bottle will do the job ?

Sorry for the inconvenience but it looks like it has still not detected Vulkan on RHEL 7
Still its greyed out, I installed DXVK put into the same bottle...
As its intel I installed

sudo yum install vulkan mesa-vulkan-driver

The problem actually can be -

1. As its more tested on Fedora

its trying to find vulkan-icd-loader

On Redhat 7 the package "vulkan" provides the loader and vulkan layer. But as crossover is not finding it wont detect.

Let me try that on my Nvidia 1050 ti as I know that works with Vulkan I submit my tests here..

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRlB5cjV1SHluV3BmUzRldSIsImdkcHIiOjB9