CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Newbie trying to install.

Hello all,

I am trying to install Crossover in Ubuntu 18.04.01 and I keep getting the following issue when I start Crossover. After entering the sudo password. This message appears.

"Trying with sudo...
[sudo] password for xxxxxxx:
Reading package lists... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libnss-mdns:i386 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package python-gtk2 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libnss-mdns:i386' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package python-dbus
E: Package 'python-gtk2' has no installation candidate
Finished. Press Return to continue."

Any help is appreciated. I'm very new to linux, so the more dumbed down the explanation the better. Thank you!

This?

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/diag/missinglibnss_mdns

Hi Mike,

You will also need to install python 2.7. You can do this with "sudo apt install python2.7". Ubuntu 17.10+ no longer ships with python 2.7 which CrossOver relies on. We are still in the process of updating our installation to account for this.

Thanks,
Anna

Doesn't look like you have 32 bit support installed to install 32-bit support on Ubuntu (64-bit), open Terminal and copy or type
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZWFOaFVRR0NrSkE4NG5TQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9