CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ubuntu / LinuxMint 64bit ?

in theory, there shouldn't be any problem, as you simply add-in the 32bit support,

• with the command sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 and away you go.

however, some of my archived programs, are failing to start 😐 with CX 19.0, that is.
thus, I'm going to have to try again, with re-installing some of them, to see if there is any differences, by doing that.

so .. is anyone else .. now having any issues with these New 64bit only system ?.
IE: Ubuntu 20:04 OR LinuxMint 20 ? ?

Yes. I am having problems with Crossover 19 on Kubuntu 2020.04 and Mint 20.beta. The problem is that, when one loads Crossover, there is a message about a "brokencxdiag" issue. It is then impossible to install a selected Windows application, which could be installed successfully under Crossover 18 on Mint 18 (based on Ubuntu 16.04).

Best wishes,
Peter Stone

maybe Ubuntu didn't include 1 or more of the 32 bit libs you're in need of.

it's interesting, though .. some of my CX archives will restore
& some archives .. won't restore ..
'cxbottleerror:/home/pierre/.cxoffice' .. already exists.

those that will 'restore' .. give the message "preparing bottle",
otherwise, they just give that message.

so. I'll see how an New installation, of those few programs, will work out.
😯

it also seems that CX 18.5 won't even Install:
'Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: python-gtk2; any!python-gtk-2; amd64!python-gtk2'.
and even CX 18.0 also will fail on 'multiarch-support'
😠

Correction to my earlier message above.

I have indeed had problems running Crossover on Kubuntu 20.04 and Mint 20 when installed as a virtualbox guest under Virtualbox 6.

I eventually discovered that the problems do not exist if one is not in a virtualbox but on a normal partition. So I now believe that the issue does not arise from Crossover or Ubuntu, but from the new display driver in Virtualbox 6.

Best wishes,
Peter Stone

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOHh6bXdjcGdtRTZxNEdadSIsImdkcHIiOjB9