CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unlisted application no longer runs under CO v20.0.0-1

I am in a Beta program for the next version of Scrivener for Windows. I have had no problems running the betas by installing them as "Unlisted" in a Win10 emulation when installed after .NET 4.7.2. After upgrading to CrossOver 20.0.0-1 from 19.0.2-1 the application no longer launches. No changes were made to any files in $HOME/cxoffice/

The splash screen for the Scrivener Beta comes up, then exits as expected. However, System Monitor shows no process for the application after the splash screen disappears.

Downgrading to 19.0.2-1 resolves the issue. A restore of a bottle archive made in v20 and run in v19.x works w/o issue. Neither a fresh install of the app nor a restored bottle of the app work in v20. A fresh install and a restore of a bottle work in v19.x

I tried this on both Mint 20 and Fedora 32. Both had the same issue.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmJ3UnlNVjQ3WHFuOVZTdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9