CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wolfenstien - The New Order

I just bought Wolfenstien - The New Order.

This game is 50GB in size. It is not something you can just keep on installing and failing and trying again.
If anyone has tips on this please post them.

Currently, it finishes, connects to steam, and then steam downloads 10gb of updates.
This also takes a very long time.

The error is:

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad171/bash64000/Selection_253_zps7b447d76.png[image=]

Others have reported getting it to work after forcefully installing some x64 directx files.

I'd like to know where this game is on voting.

The game is 64bit, CrossOver creates 32bit environments, uses 32bit wine... it will not work.

I've seen reports on winehq of people getting it working with 64bit builds of vanilla wine. PlayOnLinux also has 64bit wine builds.

According to the FAQ sheet on this site CrossOver above a certain version supports both 32it and 64bit.

According to what specific page exactly?

Crossover does install and run on 64bit systems, but to my knowledge, it doesn't run 64bit software. Whatever you have read, I'm pretty sure you didn't read it correctly.

CrossOver can be installed on both 32bit and 64bit OSes however, on 64bit systems, it requires the installation of 32bit libraries. This info is also in the FAQ.

ok,

That explains a lot.
So I should persue either PlayOnLinux or a straight up wine 64bit install to get this working.
Yes?

Pretty much so yes, and do note that your mileage may vary. 64bit Wine still has a few caveats that can cause problems.

It worked fine with PlayonLinux and the wolfenstein specific copy of wine which is available from the menu.
There were no 64bit issues at all.
I did find that this game would not run on my gtx 285m nvidia card.
So I installed in Windows 7 and found out it is not a wine issue.
It simply must have a much better video card.
My new laptop with a gtx 880m 8GB video card runs it fine in windows and linux.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia3N6NVp1YktRRVZTQ0VFTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9