CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Lotus Approach

Hi All,

I just downloaded and installed the Code Weavers trial in Scientific Linux 7.1 (RHEL clone). I installed Lotus Smart suite successfully. Word Pro runs fine. But Approach crashes on start up.

Lotus Approach does run (poorly) under Wine 1.7 on Scientific Linux 6.6.

I can not get Wine 32 to run under SL 7, as it is 64 bit only, which is why I tried the Code Weavers Trial.

Any tip?

If I pay for this thing, will they fix bugs? Or is that extra?

Many thanks,
-T

Lotus Approach is not really a supported or in demand application so we cannot guarantee that we would specifically fix bugs within the application. If it runs better on current Wine, when we update the Wine within CrossOver, Lotus Approach will inherently get better.

You should be able to run 32 bit Wine prefixes on any Linux distribution. I personally initiate a 32bit Wine prefix by doing:

WINEPREFIX=~/wine32 WINEARCH='win32' wine 'winecfg'

If you pay for CrossOver, you'll get support but there's no guarantee for fixing bugs. If you pay for CrossOver, you also support the Wine Project:

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/support_wine

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicmtMaDVzTlJaVDVrYnVrOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9