CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot work with more then two powerpoint windows open

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are a solution to this thread here https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=26;mhl=152816;msg=129853#msg152816

I am using the trial version of the crossover (14.1.3) with office 2007 enterprise, but I am finding I cannot work with more then one instance of an powerpoint open. As soon as I try to switch to the second instance (tab or clicking on the task bar) it appears to be a small window, and when I try to maximise or drag open the window, the view is messed up,

This is then what it looks like when I drag it open (I cannot maximise it)

Is there a work around for this? I read a thread where someone said they opened separate instances, but that results in the same issue for me.

This is a show stopper for buying really. I need to have two instances open as I often have to copy slides and graphics from one deck to the other.

Hope there is a fix or decent workaround, as everything else works ok.

EDIT: After further investigation <ctrl> <f6> works well (switch windows)

I've seen weird graphics anomalies in Office applications on machines with Intel graphics chips using the Mesa drivers. You can run /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag in a terminal to see what graphics driver/version you have. If it's Intel & Mesa try upgrading to a newer version of Mesa and the graphics issues could disappear.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNWNWd2ZWNVRVVzlTOFlNZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9