CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install Crossover on CentOS 7

1. Install Crossover:

sudo yum install http://crossover.codeweavers.com/redirect/crossover.rpm

2. Correct most cxdiag messages:

sudo yum install libv4l.i686 fontconfig.i686 libXcomposite.i686 libXinerama.i686 libgphoto2.i686 libxml2.i686 libxslt.i686 openldap.i686 sane-backends-libs.i686 mesa-dri-drivers.i686 isdn4k-utils.i686 gsm.i686 gstreamer-plugins-base.i686 lcms2.i686 mesa-libOSMesa.i686 libtiff.i686 gnutls.i686

3. Correct the '[MissingLibTiff]' and '[MissingLibOsmesa]' errors:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libtiff.so.5.2.0 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so.8.0.0 /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so.6

4. Install your GPU-Specific library support:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag/MissingLibGL

Current install issues:

[MissingLibMpg123]
This PKG is provided by RPMFusion Free, which is currently unavailable for CentOS 7.

[MissingLibOpenal]
[i]The Openal packages are normally provided by EPEL, but there are currently no 32-bit packages in EPEL 7:
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/[/i]

Thank you!

This helped us update our knowledge base:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/CentOS_7

OK ... so I am operating RHEL 6.4 and I just completed an installation of Crossover using "install-crossover-14.1.3.bin" and I received the following messages:

OpenGL has no floating point texture support: This is needed to run games using floating point textures.
OpenGL is not using Direct Rendering: This typically indicates a graphics driver configuration issue and will prevent most 3D games and applications from working correctly.

I used the aforementioned install script since the documentation recommended this for single users on a Linux system.

So what should I do ??? Should I (i) uninstall what I just installed (which, by the way, seemed to take a very long time) and then re-install with the RPM pacakge for CENTOS 7, which may or may not work with RHEL 6.4 ?? , or, (ii) continue with the install that I currently have?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael C Hicks wrote:

OpenGL has no floating point texture support: This is needed to
run games using floating point textures.
OpenGL is not using Direct Rendering: This typically indicates a
graphics driver configuration issue and will prevent most 3D games
and applications from working correctly.

Hey Michael,

This thread is mainly to direct users on how to best install Crossover on CentOS 7. If you are having problems with CentOS 6, you can try posting a thread that talks specifically about your issue, or open a support ticket, as suggested by https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/diag/openglnotexturefloat.

However, it sounds as if you are simply missing the required libraries that are needed for your specific GPU.

For Nvidia:

sudo yum install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686

For Intel:

sudo yum install mesa-libGL.i686

Striker

Michael C Hicks wrote:

OK ... so I am operating RHEL 6.4 and I just completed an
installation of Crossover using "install-crossover-14.1.3.bin" and I
received the following messages:

OpenGL has no floating point texture support: This is needed to
run games using floating point textures.
OpenGL is not using Direct Rendering: This typically indicates a
graphics driver configuration issue and will prevent most 3D games
and applications from working correctly.

I used the aforementioned install script since the documentation
recommended this for single users on a Linux system.

So what should I do ??? Should I (i) uninstall what I just installed
(which, by the way, seemed to take a very long time) and then
re-install with the RPM pacakge for CENTOS 7, which may or may not
work with RHEL 6.4 ?? , or, (ii) continue with the install that I
currently have?

Thanks,

Mike

I think you would be better off following this page for installs with RHEL 6.x:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/CentOS_6

Striker's advice is right on for the error you are currently seeing.

I think at this time you should continue on where you're at (knowing that there are some installation problems with CentOS/RHEL 6.x).

If you post back with questions, we'll be happy to help you.

Thanks for advise Caron and Striker ...

If I understand what you are saying ...

(i) I should stay with my install via "install-crossover-14.1.3.bin" ... Y/N?

(ii) I should install the missing libraries manually (i.e., load up the repos as per Caron's recommendation)

However, when installing the libraries I noticed I already had some of them installed (i.e., for x86-64 ... not necessarily for i686) and some of the other libraries were not available.

Also, regarding Striker's recommendation ... I do have "xorg-x11-drv-nv-2.1.20-4.el6(x86_64)" installed ... so am I OK ?

Overarching question ... do I need to care about any of the missing libraries if I only want to run MS Office 2007?

I have attached a screen shot of the error messages when trying to install an MS Windows app ...

[image= file:///home/mchicks/Desktop/Screenshot.png ]

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, please stay with your current install.

Yes, you will need to resolve the missing dependencies manually.

Some of the libraries will not be available until you enable the EPEL.

CrossOver needs 32bit libraries to run Windows applications (because most windows applications are still 32bit). I think for Office 2007, one has to have (though I may be in error and you may need more):

liblcms2
libgnutls
libnss-mdns
libxml2
freetype
fontconfig
libpng
libxcb
libxext
libxrender
libjpeg
libasound

If you're using a scanner:

libsane

If you're using a printer:

libcups

My apologies if I missed any, this is off of recollection.

I cannot see your picture as the link is pointing to a directory on your system. I can help if you upload it to one of the various sharing sites.

Hello Caron:

Thanks again for your help ...

(i) Regarding the screen shot ... I am not aware of any "sharing site" (I am new to this) ... so am not sure how to upload the "png" image file.

I thought I could simply cut and past into this posting ... apparently not. Anyway, it doesn't convey much new information to you ... basically says the following when I start to install MS Office 2007.

==
The following issues may prevent this application from working. Please follow the links to see how to resolve them:

OpenGL is not using Direct Rendering: This typically indicates a graphics driver configuration issue and will prevent most 3D games and applications from working correctly.

OpenGL has no floating point texture support: This is needed to run games using floating point textures.

The following Unix packages may be needed by this application and will be installed system-wide:

gstreamer-plugins-base.i686, gstreamer-plugins-base.x86_64, gstreamer.i686, gstreamer.x86_64, isdn4k-utils.i686, libgphoto2.i686, libgphoto2.x86_64, openal-soft.i686, openal-soft.x86_64

The following Windows software packages are needed by this application and will also be installed in the bottle: Core Fonts

(ii) regarding your directions ... I manually tried to install the missing libraries and either got "already installed ... nothing to do" or something like "package not found". To the best of my knowledge the appropriate repos have been installed and/or enabled.

Anyway, I guess I will proceed with the installation of MS Office 2007 and see what works and/or doesn't work.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions ... take care.

Hi

I am trying to install on Centos 7 but Striker's command "yum install http://crossover.codeweavers.com/redirect/crossover.rpm" is not finding crossover.rpm it runs for a while saying 4% loaded then ends up with

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
Cannot open: http://crossover.codeweavers.com/redirect/crossover.rpm. Skipping.
Error: Nothing to do

Is there another place to get crossover.rpm? Will my purchassed rpm for my now abandoned Fedora system "crossover-13.1.2-1.rpm" work?

the command "yum install libv4l.i686 fontconfig.i686 libXcomposite.i686 libXinerama.i686 libgphoto2.i686 libxml2.i686 libxslt.i686 openldap.i686 sane-backends-libs.i686 mesa-dri-drivers.i686 isdn4k-utils.i686 gsm.i686 gstreamer-plugins-base.i686 lcms2.i686 mesa-libOSMesa.i686 libtiff.i686 gnutls.i686" ran just fine

Hey Robert,

The command that is failing for you is meant to re-direct to the latest RPM version of Crossover. You can try the following instead:

sudo yum localinstall http://media.codeweavers.com/pub/crossover/cxlinux/demo/crossover-14.1.3-1.rpm

At the time of this reply, 14.1.3-1 was the latest version. Let me know if this does not work.

Striker

Thanks yes that command works and in the meantime I had downloaded the 14.1.3-1 rpm from my codeweavers account and have installed it and
was able to install a couple of windows applications successfully.

Thanks again

Striker Leggette wrote:

1. Install Crossover:
sudo yum install http://crossover.codeweavers.com/redirect/crossover.rpm

Didn't know about that one, thanks! Updating my scripts accordingly.

As for the other stuff, I had a few more things in my dependency list, but who knows -- may have been cruft, maybe I had a reason to toss it in there. I forget. These scripts of mine have been around since I started using CX back in the 6.x days.

But the one thing I have not noticed is any negative effect of not having libmpg123 or openal installed to CX's liking. I currently just have the x86_64 packages installed.

I suppose if anyone is interested here is a link to my git repo that I have my script. I have it resolving deps for CX, installing CX, and detecting OS and ver for video drivers. All that I put in due to its insanely simple method, is EL + nvidia. Once I can figure out fglrx on EL I will add that and add nvidia onto Fedora. From my research, Fedora is now perpetually incompatible with fglrx.

Feel free to have a look at the script, its a BASH script.

http://schotty.com:8080/scm/git/wine

1 to 13 of 13

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZFpwY1hSS1V0a0JydUJUNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9