CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[Solved] Deleting non-working Windows software not possible

I´m using the latest version of CrossOver Linux.

Today I tried to install unsupported Software to my Computer. It is a bundle consisting of OmniPage Ultimate and PaperPort 14. First I tried to install PaperPort in an own bottle. For a long time the installation performed well - but at the end it stopped and told me, first to install OmniPage and activate this. So I tried to install OmniPage in an own bottle. It finished properly and I was able to activate it.
Now I tried to install PaperPort again like described before. But to my surprise the same error-message popped-up again. After thinking about this phenomenon I tried installing PaperPort in the OmniPage-bottle. Then the installation finished correctly - but I couldn´ t run PaperPort. The error-message shown I didn´ t understand. It referred to a log-file I couldn´ t find on the whole Computer.

My attempt to delete both programs failed, because there is no reaction at all when I click the "PaperPort 14 deinstallieren" button. For OmnPage it seems there exists no uninstall routine at all.

Does anybody can help me with this issue?

My system is as follows:

GA-870A-UD3 8 GB RAM 2xAsus DRW-24B5ST (SATA)
Athlon II X4 640 (4x 3 GHz)
noctua NH-C12P
GTX550TI 1024 GB GDDR5
2FP je 500GB (SATA)
VDSL 50
openSUSE 12.3 32 Bit
WinXP Home SP 3 (inoperable - but lots of data on hard-drive)

Hopefully waiting for help
Hermann[b]

I don't have a solution on hand about the problem with your software, but deleting demands not an "uninstall", but simply deleting the concerned bottles by using the bottle manager. You can't have a cleaner removal of software than just deleting the bottles, even on Windows.

I thought about deleting the bottles too - but how about the disk-space occupied by the installed software? Will it be freed if I delete the bottles?

Absolutely! The software is in the bottles, if they go, the software goes with them.

Thanks for your help! I marked the thread [Solved]

Hermann

the only issue that would arise, is if you have more than one program in just one bottle,
like what is done on this PC - otherwise - just delete the relevant bottle, will work well.

Also if the program put anything in My Documents it will stay behind as the Windows home folder is linked to the Mac / Linux home folder. Some programs put configuration data there.

I didn't think of that, but then if you visit your document folder, at some point, you'll notice the extra files.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3h2YUJtTnlyN2s1dFB0diIsImdkcHIiOjB9