CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bad Crossover 15.0 DEB download

The crossover_15.0.0-1.deb file on the site is failing MD5 checks, have tried downloading multiple times on multiple browsers. Fails on "dpkg -i ..." as well ("corrupted filesystem tarfile - corrupted package archive"). RPM and BIN files pass MD5 fine.

Is this still happening to you now, i.e., at 3:00 pm CST on Tuesday, December 8, 2015?

Yes, still failing as of 4:55PM, EST.

Change the download url from https://media. to http://ftp. and it should download fine. Some of our CDN mirrors always seem to corrupt when we add new files. We've complained about this to our CDN multiple times.

This issue is still occurring as of 9:41PM EST. When trying to install, I get the following result in GDebi:

(Reading database ... 275837 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack crossover_15.0.0-1.deb ...
Unpacking crossover (15.0.0-1) over (14.1.4-1) ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): decompressing archive member: internal gzip read error: '<fd:4>: incorrect data check'
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess <decompress> returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing archive crossover_15.0.0-1.deb (--install):
 subprocess dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile returned error exit status 2
Processing triggers for doc-base (0.10.6) ...
Processing 1 changed doc-base file...
Registering documents with scrollkeeper...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 crossover_15.0.0-1.deb

I was able to install the .deb without issue on Linux Mint 17.3 at about 9:44 EST.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ2JYYUpxYXMzaG5CWXNDZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9