CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't register CrossOver

Hello!

I have just installed CrossOver 12.1.2 (x64 *.deb) on my clean install of the new Ubuntu 13.04 (x64). The problem: The registration of CrossOver fails (after I granted root access), I have to stick to the trial. Is it some sort of bug or do I have to use an older version of CrossOver since I received it from your "Flock the Vote" campaign? I already had an ealierer version installed on my Ubuntu 12.10 machine, and it worked fine.

This is a known issue with 13.04. We are working on a fix and hope to have one in production shortly.

Alright, good to know! Thanks for the fast support :)

Today we released CrossOver 12.2.0, which is now available on our web-site. CrossOver 12.2 should fix the problems with registration on Ubuntu 13.04.

Anyone with a valid CrossOver support entitlement on the day 13.04 was released should have access to this version.

If anyone using 12.2 continues to have this problem, please let us know!

Best,

Josh.

Install Ubuntu 13.04 x64 and Crossover 12.1, then updated to 12.2. Still experiencing the issue. Can't register crossover. Crossover and Administrative passwords are correct.

Konstantin Vlasenko wrote:

Install Ubuntu 13.04 x64 and Crossover 12.1, then updated to 12.2.
Still experiencing the issue. Can't register crossover. Crossover
and Administrative passwords are correct.

Can you open a terminal and run:

CX_LOG=~/Desktop/cxregister.txt CX_DEBUGMSG= /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister

And then, send that log file to ninjas@codeweavers.com (this will open a Support Ticket). In that email, will you reference this thread please.

While you are working in the terminal, can you also run:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --version > ~/Desktop/cxversion.txt

And attached that file to the email as well.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello,

I sent logs.

Same problem here on Fedora 16 64 bits after updating crossover to 12.2.0

It sounds like we will have to figure out what is happening via the ticket system where it's easier to get more detail.

We have been telling people to run sudo CX_ROOT/bin/cxregister to get things working. I think for all of the Ubuntu 13.04 folks that has worked so far.

What works:

~$ sudo su - root

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister

That worked on 13.04/raring.

@Charles Talk

Many thanks, man. After way too much time trying to register, your commands did the trick. (For staff, the directions for terminal registering are out of date, methinks - or for a different flavor of Linux than Ubuntu, at least for 13.04.)

@Charles Talk

Yes, this solution works. Thanks.

@Charles Talk

Yes, this solution works. Thanks. (2)

Don't work for me:

sudo /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister
[sudo] password for xxxxxxx:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister", line 89, in <module>
import cxregister
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/cxregister.py", line 23, in <module>
import demoutils
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/demoutils.py", line 14, in <module>
import c4profilesmanager
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/c4profilesmanager.py", line 83, in <module>
class C4ProfilesSet(UserDict.IterableUserDict):
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/c4profilesmanager.py", line 162, in C4ProfilesSet
tiedir = os.path.join(cxproduct.get_user_dir(), "tie")
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/cxproduct.py", line 60, in get_user_dir
raise RuntimeError("$HOME, '%s', does not belong to you" % home)
RuntimeError: $HOME, '/home/xxxxxxx', does not belong to you

That's why you do it the way outlined.

~$ sudo su - root
enter password, then:

It works, and you will have a registered Crossover after that. The problem is what you are showing, but this method gets past that problem.

HTH

😏

It also worked on Fedora 16 64 bits. Thanks.

Worked on Ubuntu 13.04

Thanks!

Thank you, Charles! Your commands worked to debaffle me as to why I wasn't able to register..... thanks a million!

Charles Talk wrote:

What works:

~$ sudo su - root

Sir

Your suggestion worked for my registration.

Thanks
Sreenivas Docca

Registration failed

Unable to download a valid license file.

Ubuntu 13.10

Are you able to ping www.codeweavers.com from your machine?

Glad to see that worked for you. 😊

I just ran manually using sudo /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister on Ubuntu 13.04. Worked perfectly.

So I just came back from crossover games and try to log in to my account and it comes up with this:

Your support contract is not valid for this product. You may need to purchase a support extension or an additional license.

kai germain wrote:

So I just came back from crossover games and try to log in to my
account and it comes up with this:

Your support contract is not valid for this product. You may need to
purchase a support extension or an additional license.

Crossover games is no more it has been incorporated into Crossover If you still have a valid subscription you should be able to login to your account and download the latest version of Crossover.

This also happens on current Debian testing amd64/multiarch with 13.2. The workaround running cxregister as root still does the trick.

Hi Jose,

I have crossover 12.1.0 (latest that I can download with my purchase). Recently I was trying to install it in Elementary OS froyo (14.04 based) and can not register it.

If you know a work-around please let me know.

Regards

Jaydip

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Hello,
I installed Version 14.0 today but can't register. The Trial-Window pops up. But the registration failed by asking for the admin password (loop).

Regards

Bernd

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Hi!

Same things on OpenMadriva LX

Please Help

Charles Talk wrote:

What works:

~$ sudo su - root

Hi!

My root message,

[root@OOOps]# /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister", line 158, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister", line 153, in main
cxregister.open_or_show(close_when_finished=True)
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/cxregister.py", line 275, in open_or_show
DIALOG = RegisterDialogController(*args, **kwargs)
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/cxregister.py", line 63, in init
self.xml.get_object("ExplanationTextView").display_html(explanationText)
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/htmltextview.py", line 571, in display_html
parser.parse(StringIO(html))
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py", line 109, in parse
xmlreader.IncrementalParser.parse(self, source)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/xmlreader.py", line 123, in parse
self.feed(buffer)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py", line 216, in feed
self._parser.Parse(data, isFinal)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py", line 312, in start_element
self._cont_handler.startElement(name, AttributesImpl(attrs))
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/htmltextview.py", line 382, in startElement
if 'style' in attrs:
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/xmlreader.py", line 316, in getitem
return self._attrs[name]
KeyError: 0

Daniel DAUBIN wrote:

File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/htmltextview.py", line 382, in
startElement
if 'style' in attrs:
File
"/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/xmlreader.py", line
316, in getitem
return self._attrs[name]
KeyError: 0

This doesn't look like any error I've seen before. You should probably file a ticket.

Do you have the PY_SAX_PARSER environment variable set, and if so does unsetting it help?

1 to 31 of 31

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOWJZck5Rbm1HTkpIYldMeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9