CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Making CUPS labelprinter driver work with installed Windows program (P-touch editor)

I have successfully installed the CUPS printer driver for Brother PT-18R label printer, and a label editor program called P-touch editor on my computer. If I set the PT-18R printer as default printer before opening the P-touch program, then the program will see the driver. Unfortunately, the printer driver only shows 100mm labels as page lenght. It do have the option of "Continous roll" (which is what I need), but when I change to this option, P-touch still reads label sizes from the driver as 100mm length.
Is there any tweaks I can do in the bottle or with the driver to change this ?

The system is Ubuntu 14.04, and the Crossover version is 13.1.3.

I think this thread would help...

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=26;mhl=160953;msg=160952#msg160953

Looks like he's past figuring out how to install the driver for his printer. What he sees is a possible problem in wine<->CUPS interaction.

Two questions:

1) Do your native linux programs like Libreoffice Writer see all the printers?
2) Do other Windows programs see all the printers?

I believe Silviu is right, it might be a problem in wine<->CUPS interaction.

My answer is yes, for both Q 1) and 2)

I've had a probably similar problem with CUPS-PDF printing from within capella: Switching to the CUPS-PDF printer in capella is ignored, the print job is still sent to the host default (laser).

My solution (or rather a work-around) currently is to temporarily set the host default printer to CUPS-PDF before starting, and to return to the laser after closing capella.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRnhHZDV2NW1wTDJmbUJWYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9