CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Python / Mutex error

Hello!

I have a problem with launching crossover after reinstalling my System.
If I start it directly from the gui, Crossover crashes without an error. If I do the same in the terminal I get this error:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/crossover

/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/crossover.py:444: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
tooltip = gtk.Tooltips()
/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/crossover.py:445: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
tooltip.set_tip(myButton, tooltip_text)
Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

I checked the forum here and found something similar but didn´t find the solution.... Is this a problem with python and is there any knows solution?

Greetz

Oliver

The last guy that complained about this was using Mageia Linux, and it was probably a python problem on that distro. If you're using Mageia, there's supposed to be a bug filed for this problem. The guy was French, so it might be listed in bad english, or whatever bug reporting the French community has available.

Otherwise, I have no idea what causes this, so you might consider opening a support ticket.

Yes that was the thread I read, but I didn´t get the solution on there site.
I´m using fedora, before the reinstall everything was working. But I didn´t know if there was an update the last time for python.

Which is all really weird since I'm on Arch, and you would think a bleeding edge distro would have picked up that problem before everybody else.

So yeah, then a support ticket might help clear things up for you.

Then it´s really strange.... I use fedora rawhide (also more or less rolling release)
If this would a python error, then you should already see that problem...

I opend yesterday a support ticket. Maybe they know something. If I get a solution I will write it down here.

Thanks, I'm on Kubuntu (14.10) , python 3.4.1-1 and having the same issue- crossover was previously installed and so still 'works' although I'm having the always auto full screen issue which I can't fix because I can no longer open the crossover control panel because of this issue.

To the best of my knowledge, crossover uses python 2.x. Python v3.x and 2.x are incompatible. 14.10 should have python v2.x packages, even if it defaults to python 3.x

If CrossOver is started with Python 3.x, it will attempt to restart itself using 2.x instead. So 3.x isn't compatible but shouldn't cause a problem as long as 2.x is available.

You can try running something like "python2 /opt/cxoffice/bin/crossover". If python 3.x is causing problems then you shouldn't get the same error.

It's due to a Glib change that no longer allows unlocking a mutex if it has not already been acquired/locked:

https://www.codeweavers.com/beta/crossover/report/my_reports/?cmd=rpt_edit;report_id=12297

Somehow a lot of PyGTK apps are affected, perhaps there is a bug in the code or in the documentation (leading to many app developers using it incorrectly).

The fix is easy. Just open with any editor the python crossover executables, each one of them /opt/cxoffice/cxoffice (for example)

look for:

gtk.main()

and replace it by:

gtk.gdk.threads_enter()
gtk.main()
gtk.gdk.threads_leave()

be aware that you have to keep same indentation for these 3 lines as the original gtk.main() you replaced.

Abelardo Jara Berrocal wrote:

The fix is easy. Just open with any editor the python crossover
executables, each one of them /opt/cxoffice/cxoffice (for example)

look for:

gtk.main()

and replace it by:

gtk.gdk.threads_enter()
gtk.main()
gtk.gdk.threads_leave()

be aware that you have to keep same indentation for these 3 lines as
the original gtk.main() you replaced.

Or you can download a patched version of CrossOver, see our FAQ:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/updatedglib2

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidjl4YVQ2ZFhGVmF3a21CSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9