CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

e-Sword crosstie causes serious breakage of e-Sword 10.4.0

I have been testing the latest version of Crossover to see whether the apps I use will run in it. I just spent several hours of frustration trying to figure out why e-Sword would not show any bibles, commentaries, or anything else in the downloader window after using the crosstie to install e-Sword 10.4.0. I finally found that if I install e-Sword 10.4.0 without using the crosstie and use all defaults for "Other Application", it seems to work almost flawlessly except for the STEP Reader. I am not sure why the STEP Reader does not display anything but the title page and sometimes not even that. If you plan to install e-Sword, do not use the crosstie or e-sword setup in the install application dialog until whatever now is causing the problem is fixed. I just selected "Other Application" and ran the installer using the defaults. I was then able to see all modules using the downloader, selected and installed them using the e-Sword downloader on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. So far, all the Bible versions seem to display and work just fine for me after doing that. Of course, I do not read Chinese so cannot be sure about that in that language but it looks OK. And, you also won't get a working STEP Reader but at least the rest of it seems to be working.

Just an update. Apparently, SermonAudio also does not work. You can see the links but clicking on them does nothing even after installing Microsoft Media Player Sound Engine 9 and OpenTTD.

I found that the text in STEP Reader actually does load but cannot be seen. A workaround would be to select all text and paste it into a Text Editor. You then can see the text but it will not be formatted as in the STEP files. Note sure what is going on at the moment in STEP Reader with a default install outside of the non-working crosstie for e-Sword.

Edit: Can I ask what version of CrossOver you are running?

(Read the post more closely and saw the OS version)

13.2.0 is the version I am testing to see if it meets my needs. By the way, I finally figured out what was going on. I ended up having to install Internet Explorer 7, simulating a reboot, and restarting Crossover for Linux. After that, the modules were listed as they should have been after the program was installed. I also used the crosstie before doing that. For some reason, the crosstie for e-Sword doesn't seem to install all the libraries needed for full functionality of e-Sword 10.4.0. Now, everything is working with the exception of SermonAudio. Still working on that one.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNWdSbk1CNExydHJkNkJkNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9