CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trying to remove from ubuntu 14.4

I get the following no matter what I do. How can I manually uninstall crossover and wine?

The package crossover:i386 needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.

How did you try to remove crossover? Also, why wine? CrossOver comes with its own version of wine and never uses whatever is provided in the distribution's repositories.

I guess you could try to use the same .deb package, tell USC (Ubuntu Software Center)/gdebi to re-install it so it fixes whatever went wrong, then, uninstall from USC or sudo apt-get remove crossover

When I try to re-install it locks up my Software center. As far as wine goes, I just want to get rid of everything that has to do with windows. Wine won't uninstall until the crossover problem is fixed.

Try:

sudo apt-get -m remove crossover

The "-m" option should allow apt to ignore the missing depedency and execute the uninstall. After Crossover is gone, we can follow through with Wine if it is still resisting uninstallation.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibTdYQXphcXc3S1Z5bmV0SiIsImdkcHIiOjB9