CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2000 borked on newer Crossover versions

I've been running Crossover on Linux (Kubuntu) for a looong time, mainly so I can use Word and Excel 2000 for work.
I know that's an old version of Office, but it used to work great. I do a lot of scientific publishing, and most of the journals still don't accept Microsoft's newer xml formats, so no docx, etc. Add to that, I actually still prefer 2000 without all the marketwear they introduced into 2007 +
Problem is, I'm now running Crossover 14 on Kubuntu 14.04.1 LTS and it doesn't work properly at all.
I created a new XP bottle and reinstalled Office 2000.

I can still limp along, but the glitches are getting on my nerves.

-Can't cut/paste properly into the find/replace dialogue --- text goes in in a weird format that's too big for the text box and it's difficult to impossible to read.
-Pasting into the find/replace dialogue replaces whatever is in there already, regardless of where the cursor goes. It's especially annoying when using Word's regex functions, so you have to type the whole thing instead of being able to copy/paste chunks of regexes.

I was told a year or so ago that this was a known bug, but also that it's not high priority because there aren't many people still using 2000.
Any idea how to get the functionality back?

you didn't say which version of Cx that you were running,
But - drop back to Cx 12.5 & see if that works ok.

Pierre wrote:

you didn't say which version of Cx that you were running,
But - drop back to Cx 12.5 & see if that works ok.

I'm running Crossover 14. Just updated to 14.0.3

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM0ZFRlVWeDlVZjJWYnlaTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9