CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

reinstall to get menu entries

Dear Crossover Users: I have Opensuse 13.1x64 and installed Crossover from the .bin file. Now that I have done so, I realize I should have installed it using the .rpm package - because I presume that would give menu entries in the KDE Start Menu. Is that correct? If so, I believe the procedure is to use the supplied uninstaller, then reinstall with the RPM. Can anyone verify the Crossover .rpm works with OpenSuSE?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you try logging off and on again? I'm not kidding, usually the entries for CrossOver appear after something triggers a reload of the menu :)

Sometimes I have to go to the bottle manager and recreate the menus, then reboot for the menus to update.

With OpenSUSE since maybe version 10, I've been installing CrossOver with the RPM. I would always advise this method when possible. To your point, my KDE menu has the proper CrossOver menu and submenu items. You could try and reset your X-window session (hit CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE twice) or logout/login like others have suggested.

As an FYI, I'm on OpenSUSE 13.2x64 and things still worked flawlessly.

Regards.

Thank you very much!

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Did you try logging off and on again? - I'm not kidding, usually the
entries for CrossOver appear after something triggers a reload of
the menu :)

that issue started around the time Cx 11 came out, & a simple log out / log in - generally fixes the menu structure.

• the older, longer Cx menu tree never had that issue, though.

"Can anyone verify the Crossover .rpm works with OpenSuSE?".

• works on my copy of OpenSuSE 13.2

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFFIWjlFdm1Ia2MzVUVHdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9