CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Failed to connect to the Mount Manager on 14.1.3-1

I am using CrossOver 14.1.3-1 on Ubuntu 14.04 with XFCE desktop. I have used earlier versions. Today when trying to run Word 2003, it opened the program, but no files could be opened. When trying to open a file, I get a message about being out of memory, which is a false message as I have 16 GB RAM and at least 3 GB free when trying to do this.
When going into the Bottle Manager, and looking at the bottle for Office 2003, in the Control Panel, I select Wine Configuration and launch. In the window that appears I choose Drives, and it shows the following error message:
"Failed to connect to the mount manager, the drive configuration cannot be edited."
This is the same for some of my other bottles as well, whereas most of them have a list of drive letters and what is mounted on each letter.

I have no idea why this is, but it means I cannot run Office 2003 at present. I had not used it for a while, so not sure when this became an issue, but I was using 14.1.1-1 earlier today when I first noticed this, and then upgraded to the latest 14.1.3-1 and still have the same problem.

Is this a bug in CrossOver Linux or should I just try to recreate new bottles to replace the broken ones and reinstall all the apps? I prefer a quick fix as reinstalling all those programs would take a while.

Maybe you could try to archive the bottles, and remove / reinstall Crossover, and then restore the bottles from the archives. But since I never had such a problem myself, I'm far from being sure this would fix anything. Still, archiving those bottles wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.

That being said, your problem is strange enough I would open a support ticket if I were you. You would have a greater chance for a quick comprehensive response. And since I don't remember a single user having this problem, I would think few on this forum would have a sure-fire solution for you.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=161847

Might be relevant?

William Overstreet wrote:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=161847

Might be relevant?

The thread does mention "This happens only on a 64-bit wineprefix". Since Crossover doesn't do 64bit yet, I doubt the problems have an obvious relation.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVzJQeFFuVXdOUHQ1VENMViIsImdkcHIiOjB9