CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover on Centos 6.7 with kmod-fglrx fglrx-x11-drv

HI All,

I had crossover working fine on Ubuntu, but my machine is now CentOs 6.7 and I can't get Crossover working properly. I followed https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/CentOS and https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/CentOS_6, but I get a message that "Some errors may prevent CrossOver Linux from working correctly:" "X11 Does not work". I saw a few other threads which seemed to indicate that I need a 32 bit video driver, but I am at a loss for what to do there, or if that is what the following is truly telling me. I have all the i686 packages from the threads noted above.

Did anyone have similar issues?

Thanks

Nathan.

jin:/local/fglrx # /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag
[MissingLibGphoto2]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgphoto2.so.6 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access digital cameras."

[Properties]
"display.depth"="24"

libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
[OpenglNoDRI]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="OpenGL is not using Direct Rendering"
"Description"="This typically indicates a graphics driver configuration issue and will prevent most 3D games and applications from working correctly."

[Properties]
"opengl.vendor"="ATI Technologies Inc."

[Properties]
"opengl.version"="1.4 (2.1 (4.5.13397 Compatibility Profile Context 15.20.1046))"

[Properties]
"opengl.renderer"="AMD Radeon(TM) R5 240"

[OpenglNoTextureFloat]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="OpenGL has no floating point texture support"
"Description"="This is needed to run games using floating point textures."

We are testing a fix for this in-house at the moment. On CentOS 6.7, you should be able to get CrossOver working by moving the version of libxcb which we ship with CrossOver out of the way. You can cd to the lib subdir of your CrossOver install directory (probably /opt/cxoffice/lib) and just rename libxcb* to something else. Re-start CrossOver and things should work for you.

Sorry for the trouble. Please write back if that does not work for you.

Josh - You are awesome! Thank you. (I only wished that I had asked this Q yesterday morning when I started trying to get this working)

I'll check back in a while to see if there in an official fix.

Thanks

Nathan.

This fixed the problem for me as well and I'm running everything in a Vbox VM. Thank you!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN2NxYXNkYnB5c2dkdXNLRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9