CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No Tools -> Bottle Manager to uninstall software

Ok... I've been going through the forum trying to find out why I don't have the Bottle Manager option under Tools. I have an application that I want to uninstall because it doesn't work in CrossOver 15. The problem is, I can't seem to find the Bottle Manager to run the uninstall. Everything I've read says to go to Tools then Bottle Manager. However the only option under Tools is "Install Software...". I have not tried removing the bottle because there are other programs that I spent a lot of time forum diving to get working and don't want to go through that again.

I'm running Mint 17 and CrossOver 15. I'm sure there's something that I need to click but I don't know what it is.

In modern versions of CrossOver the 'Bottle Manager' is built into the main CrossOver window. If you want to uninstall something by deleting the bottle, you can just click the 'remove bottle' button in the main GUI.

That's what I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to delete the bottle. However I don't see anywhere to "Uninstall" an application.

Kelly Gafford wrote:

That's what I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to delete the bottle.
However I don't see anywhere to "Uninstall" an application.

Backing up your user data and deleting the bottle is the way we recommend for uninstalling applications. Wine does have an 'uninstaller' command, but it does not work in every case. You can run that command by using the 'Run Command' dialog and typing 'uninstaller' as the name of the command to run. Of course, as I say, ymmv, but it is a possibility.

Kelly,

As far as I know there's never been an option to uninstall just one application from a bottle. I'm not sure the wine developers even bothered to implement the relevant "plumbing" in Wine itself for this to work. The reason is that the recommended way to install and run applications in Wine/CrossOver is to have a separate bottle / application. There are some exceptions. For example, some people run Total Commander and want to be able to use Notepad++ as a file editor command. So they install both Total Commander and Notepad++ in the same wine prefix/bottle.

Cheers,
Silviu

The installer for some applications include the option to Change, Repair, Uninstall. Just run the installer again to see what you get.

Yes, it had been

[link=https://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-linux/setup-remove]
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-linux/setup-remove[/link]

I have used it before, but now (codeweavers 15) it does not exist anymore.

regards

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Kelly,

As far as I know there's never been an option to uninstall just one
application from a bottle. I'm not sure the wine developers even
bothered to implement the relevant "plumbing" in Wine itself for
this to work. The reason is that the recommended way to install and
run applications in Wine/CrossOver is to have a separate bottle /
application. There are some exceptions. For example, some people run
Total Commander and want to be able to use Notepad++ as a file
editor command. So they install both Total Commander and Notepad++
in the same wine prefix/bottle.

Cheers,
Silviu

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicGVuTDVGVW5lYUhTS1VGbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9