CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Celestian Tales: Old North, Anyone able to run it?

I know this game has an alleged native Linux version. For me, it crashes before a error log can be generated.

I can not run this in Crossover (15.3.1), or I don't know how when it comes to the windows version.This includes STEAM launch and direct file launch.
I CAN make it run in WINE (1.6.2) I do this by launching from the windows STEAM folder and selecting WINE Loader instead of Crossover.

If anyone has tips as to using this game without jumping through those minor hoops, please share.

If you have this game, and have been unable to play, you know how now.

If you can't run the native Linux version, this may indicate a problem with X, openGL or your video driver... Except that you can run the game through wine...

Can you provide more info? I'm not an expert, but it would help others to help you. For instance, what is your video card, which is your distro, what version, etc. Does crossover report errors if you run Steam from command-line?

Did you install as a generic bottle or did you choose the Steam instalation script?

Good luck.

No errors are made BUT the log file does show "d3d11: failed to create 2D texture id=13 w=4 h=4 mips=1 d3dfmt=29 [8876086c]
Crash!!!"

I reported this to the developer so ....
As for running the game from the command line, I don't know how my CLI skills are limited. I have tried launching the native version from the CLI and I get "No such file or directory" I get this when attempting to launch the game from within the directory and typing, as far as I can tell, the whole path like you would do for the Crossover troubleshooting tool.

So, I am doing something wrong and or missing something.
Game installed in generic STEAM bottle
Game also uses Unity (unknown version)

Mint 17.3 64bit MATE
ATI R7 260x

glxinfo | grep 'version'
server glx version string: 1.4
client glx version string: 1.4
GLX version: 1.4
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3.13399 Core Profile Context 15.201.1151
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.40
OpenGL version string: 4.5.13399 Compatibility Profile Context 15.201.1151
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.40

If you cant run the native, it means you are missing a system library of some sort usually. I ran into this issue with other games on Fedora, SuSE, and Red Hat/CentOS. The easiest way to tell what library was to run it from the command prompt and see the output. It will usually say missing such and such and you can then work from there.

HTH.

I have tried running from the command prompt.
I don't know what I am doing wrong here, but I get
"command not found" when typing the command in the folder

"No such file or directory" when I type the path

this is what I type: "~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Celestian Tales Old North/CTON Linux.x86_64"
the exact error: "bash: /home/jeff/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Celestian: No such file or directory"

The path is correct from what it looks like to me when i manually navigate.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRzdTdE40QktVMnpBSlhCWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9