CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

POS SOFTWARE IS USELESS AS TITS ON A BOAR.....!!!!

Does not 1 - 2 click install...
Does not download all the dependencies and libraries it needs...
Does not locate and install the WinCrap software that I was forced to download ....
Is NOT easier than WINE......
You WILL waste an entire evening being as stupid as I was.....
THEN YOU will have to PAY $60 for this SHIT......!!!!
GO rot in HELL....!!!!

Instead of being awkwardly angry, I would suggest you open a support ticket. I would also suggest you try NOT being all "piss and vinegar" if you do. They folks at Codeweaver will do their best for you, I'm sure of it.

You're not satisfied, that's ok, but there have been many that are satisfied, for years now. I have no idea how Crossover got you this angry.

did you expect a magic wand?

do you have any experience in software development?

If you don't believe in fairy tales and magic wands then you might expect developers to have one.

It might surprise - they don't

RTFM and realize Crossover hasn't promised you anything and they give 14 days to experiment and try out so don't blame Crossover if your are bying before trying.

I always receive mail from you, which do not concern me at all.
You wrote me, in autumn will be a new release of Crossover.
My crossover subscription runs until January or February 2018. Is the new crossover for me then free of charge?

Hubert

Hi not all Windows software is supported by crossover. Crossover is not a complete replacement for the Windows OS. Those of us who still need to run software off of Windows either dual boot or run a virtual machine. Both Mac and Linux have open source alternatives to major projects like quicken, Photoshop and etc. Please be mindful of the community because they will try to help whenever possible or find an alternative solution.

Hubert Dixius wrote:

My crossover subscription runs until January or February 2018. Is
the new crossover for me then free of charge?

I'm not sure why you posted here, on this angry guy's thread, but the answer is yes, you get all versions until your subscription ends. When your subscription ends, you keep the right to use the latest version you had prior to expiration of your subscription.

By the way, at this point, we're all users of Crossover, no staff has yet to write on this thread. I'm sure of my answer though.

Wine is better? Doesn't this guy know that most of "the wine guys" are employee's at Codeweavers. He should move back to wine if he can't use crossover.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRUxTZEpzc1VXcGYzYXZFMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9