CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[SOLVED] Office 2007 no longer opens correctly on Arch Linux after recent update ~ 9/23/2017

Office 2007 no longer opens correctly on Arch linux after an update.

Powerpoint window loads for a few seconds and then crashes, no error message
Word opens but crashes when I try to open a file (guessing dialog fails to open)

I don't see anything in dmesg or journalctl. Wild guess looks like a library update broke wine or a library went missing.

Anyone know where cx logs errors?

downgrading lib32-freetype2 and freetype2 to 2.8-2 fixes the issue

Thx mate. That solved my problem too.

Thanks a lot!! This made my Microsoft Office 2010 Suite working again!

How did you find out that the freetype update is the culprit?
Is the incompatibility with freetype 2.8.1 tracked somewhere?

Best regards,
Dirk

(answering my own questions)
The freetype bug is tracked here: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43715
and confirmed here: https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?52097#comment1
It's fixed in Wine 2.18 which is not yet contained in Crossover.
There's no other workaround than to downgrade freetype.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZmNoRkdRM1NMMmtDbVFuUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9