CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

QuickBooks 2001

I upgraded one of my PCs to Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit. Wanted to see if I could get QB 2001 to load and run as it used to before the problem with 64-bit versions of Ubuntu and 16-bit applications.

First, getting the crossover deb file to install was a problem. Even after running the add-architecture i386 was run, the deb file would not install with Software Sources and it would not install from the CLI (claimed that it could not find the deb file, even though it was there is ls -l. Finally got it installed with gdebi.

QB2001 install appeared to go smoothly and crossover automatically did the windows restart, but then everyting hung. Installation got stuck at QBDAgent2001.ex .

When I have some more time will try QB2005 pro.

John

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUjMyaHloWWtVQm1aVm1DUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9