CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 13.2 will not start after downgrade from 14.0.1

I installed Crossover 14.0.1 into OpenSuse 13.2 x64 on Intel system to take advantage of the new dependance handling then downgraded to Crossover 13.2 due to my need to run IE witch runs poorly in 14.0.1. All my apps run as expected but I'm unable to open Crossover it self. terminal output.

/opt/cxoffice/bin/crossover
/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/crossover.py:444: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  tooltip = gtk.Tooltips()
/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/crossover.py:445: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  tooltip.set_tip(myButton, tooltip_text)
Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
Aborted

Hey Gary,

This might be of interest:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=26;mhl=167427;msg=163893#msg167427

J-P Simard wrote:

Hey Gary,

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=26;mhl=167427;msg=163893#msg167427

Thanks J-P I will try the bin installer when I get home tonight

Gabrielle D. Profenno wrote:

J-P Simard wrote:

Hey Gary,

Thanks J-P I will try the bin installer when I get home tonight

I tried the bin installer on Opensuse 13.2 and it will not run (sudo: ./install-crossover-13.2.1-with-gobject-threads-fix.bin: command not found) although it runs fine on Opensuse 13.1 I guess I'll file a support ticket.

J-P Simard wrote:

Hey Gary,

Thanks J-P I will try the bin installer when I get home
tonight

I tried the bin installer on Opensuse 13.2 and it will not run
(sudo: ./install-crossover-13.2.1-with-gobject-threads-fix.bin:
command not found) although it runs fine on Opensuse 13.1 I guess
I'll file a support ticket.

Hi J-P I'm a bumb ass I forgot to set the bin as executable the bin fixed the issue. You know you are just like having my own CrossOver Search engine.

I was just about to suggest a "chmod +x", along with why you put a semi-colon in front of sudo, as you wrote "sudo: "...

As for the search engine thing, it's just a good memory! Glad I could help, have a good one Gary.

J-P Simard wrote:

I was just about to suggest a "chmod +x", along with why you put a
semi-colon in front of sudo, as you wrote "sudo: "...

As for the search engine thing, it's just a good memory! Glad I
could help, have a good one Gary.

The semi-colon is just an artifact of copy past from the teminal.

The semi-colon is just an artifact of copy past from the teminal.

Huh? If you say so, but it doesn't happen on my systems...

J-P Simard wrote:

The semi-colon is just an artifact of copy past from
the teminal.

Huh? If you say so, but it doesn't happen on my systems...

It only happens when I copy past into Firefox it also adds brackets and quotes in some places I try to remember to remove them when my brain is working.

when my brain is working.

I can sympathize with that one!

J-P Simard wrote:

when my brain is working.

I can sympathize with that one!

Hay on an unrelated note do you remember our conversation on Pipelight? I see Opensuse is packaging Chromium pepper flash for FireFox now so no more need for Pipelight flash. Wonder if this is now in all Distros.

Yeah, pepper is also available for on Arch as an independent package for Chromium. The thing is, that is for flash, not silverlight which was necessary for Netflix. At this time, you need google's Chrome to run Netflix, and that is enough on it's own. Chromium on the other hand, just doesn't work with Netflix with or without pepper, much less so Firefox.

1 to 12 of 12

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRVNuZVNlUWRzS2JzY0VzZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9