CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Do I need to keep my codeweaver subscrirtion current?

Howdy all,
The one question I forgot when I purchased Crossover Linux was:

[b]Now that I have Crossover on my computer and have installed the ONE program for which I purchased it, will that ONE program continue to run after my Crossover Linux one year subscription expires?
[/b]
Thanks,
tlcmd

As far as I'm aware, you are allowed to subscribe and get everything working and then let your subscription lapse.

The only technical reason to have an active subscription is for support and updates to the crossover program.

There are other reasons to have an active subscription though. Like supporting the development of wine and the happy troupe of coders on their team :)

Yes. CrossOver will never stop running just because your support entitlement has expired. Your support entitlement allows you access to future upgrades of CrossOver. When that entitlement ends, you can't get new versions of CrossOver, but any version you are entitled to will continue running.

If you upgrade your OS, for example, and something changes which means you need a newer version of CrossOver, that is a situation where something could break and you might need to renew your support entitlement. CrossOver itself doesn't have a 'timeout' of any kind, though, once it is registered. As long as nothing on your system changes to break it, CrossOver will keep on running.

Thanks to all of you for the replies. I appreciate them.
tlcmd

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV0dhSG5ya2NFUnNhZk5GViIsImdkcHIiOjB9