CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem Installing Redistributable Support Packs for MS-Visio2010

Hello World,

I have the most recent CrossOver version for OpenSuSE (SuSE version 13.1 x64), which I installed just a few days ago.
For various reasons, I had to delete all my old bottles, and started a fresh WinXP bottle, into which I installed MS-Office 2007 successfully (almost, as the MS-Word windows keeps showing up minimized 8 out of 10 times, stubbornly refusing to get resized or maximized).

But serious problems started once I tried to install MS-Visio2010, because that requires the MS redistributable C++ 8.0 SP1 (Version 9) to be installed.
First of all, there are a whole couple of MS Support Packs which the crossover tool simply won't download directly, it always(!) gets stuck halfway through the download.
Only if I first download the crossover file from the codeweaver website, open that one up in the crossover tool, and then start the install process, does the tool download the MS install set - which is not just weird, but also highly impractical.

But even with that trick being used, the MS installer then quits immediately after the opening screen (asking me to agree to their license terms) with a "Page Fault at <0xBunch of Zeros>" error message.

W/o that C++ redistributable I can't install MS-Visio2010 - which I truly, really need for work.

Does anybody know what's happening here?

Thanks in advance for any real help with this.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibjJWazNLWnZ3YWFWQ1g3YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9