CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trouble meeting libgphoto2 dependencies in Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic

Trying to get trial version of Crossover installed on Ubuntu 14.10 using dpkg. Following back through the dependencies for libgphoto2, I get to libvpx1:i386, and get the following error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libvpx1 : Breaks: libvpx1:i386 (!= 1.3.0-3~trusty) but 1.3.0-2.1 is to be installed
libvpx1:i386 : Breaks: libvpx1 (!= 1.3.0-2.1) but 1.3.0-3~trusty is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

Any advice on how to get past this? Is it caused by a PPA I have enabled? I don't really care about libgphoto2, as I don't plan to have to access photo on a digital camera, but apparently Crossover will not install properly without it. Obviously I'm not buying Crossover until I see if it works. TIA.

Why is there a package intended for Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) on your 14.10 system? Did you use 14.04 and the upgraded to 14.10? Were you using this ppa https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archive/ubuntu/trusty-media ?

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Why is there a package intended for Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) on your
14.10 system? Did you use 14.04 and the upgraded to 14.10? Were you
using this ppa
https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archive/ubuntu/trusty-media ?

IDK, I allowed Ubuntu to upgrade itself. That ppa isn't in sources.list as of now. Maybe I could remove the trusty package and retry installing Crossover.

Yes, but it was probably there before the upgrade. I would go to the Ubuntu forums and IRC. I honestly never had to deal with this problem myself.

I managed to get this to work by removing the current libvpx1 and reinstalling it. Must not have been updated when I upgraded Ubuntu. Now I have other problems with this, but this one is solved at least.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYktzZjdueXEzdXBYeXNDeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9