CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Share Installed Games with Three Users [Ubuntu14.04]

I am preparing units {reconditioned} for an abandoned mother with three children, all under 9 years. Before giving away I have, as the admin, installed Crossover and several windoze games but they are not available to the children's accounts. I tried this in wine also to no avail. Please help me get these units to their mom. The main unit is one built by myself and is running an AMD Phenom Black Quad w/gig of DDR2 RAM and is running 64bit ubuntu 14.04.

This is "fairly" simple.

1. Open a terminal and launch CrossOver's Bottle Manager
  2. Click on the bottle of the game you want to add to another account
  3. Choose the "Advanced" tab
  4. Click "Publish..."

That's it.

Now, when you log into one of the children's accounts, launch CrossOver and launch the game.

If you have any further questions, please send us an email, ninjas@codeweavers.com.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTlRtUFNGbUJRUU15dnBoTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9