CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover keeps disapearing

Hey there,

I have installed Crossover 14 on Debian multiple times and for some reason it keeps going missing. I mean if i search for a app called Crossover, theres nothing. I can still access the bottles fine, but cant install new applications or run anything.

The only way to get it back is to "reinstall" crossover. The appliation is there until reboot, then just gone. Im seriously stumped on this one so any help is appreciated.

you mean that it is not in the Menu List?

• what happens if you simply log out / log in again - does it appear in the Menu list, then ?.
    this used to be an issue with older versions of Cx, where it didn't appear in the Menu list,
    but that issue should now be fixed.

If you used the deb package ( not the bin file ), Crossover installs to /opt/cxoffice. Have you tried to look there?

Hi thanks for the help!

I apologize, i should have mentioned i was using the Gnome3 desktop, and i think that is what was causing it to go missing. It happened when rebooting the system, or shutdown. I tried switching to Gnome Classic and it seems to have resolved itself. I woke up this morning, and it is still there, so looking good so far.

Thanks for the help though. Ill let you know if it seems to go AWOL again :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTlNlQUNMQndnRWtnSzVXVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9