CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

More Issues

have been updating My Rated Programs, on & off, for some time,
but with Cx 15 released to the masses, it's time to check out even more of My Rated Programs.

an issue that has come up, in testing of some programs, is that the default is still an XP bottle.

• this often does work well, but sometimes it doesn't.
    so the program then has to be installed as "unknown", which means that some of the support extra's are not also installed.
    & so the results are not as great as was previously obtained, in older Cx versions.

another issue, which is predictable, is that the Program has been updated to a new release,
and it won't work on either win(5) XP or with win(6) Vista.

• this issue was encountered on several programs, & so the results were poor.

and so, with a few pages of rated programs to work with,
the obtained results , are varying quite widely.

• programs that used to work well, now don't.
  • programs that used to work well, still do so.

it's been an interesting exercise, indeed.
& would encourage other Cx users, to update their Rated Programs, as well.

I just got done going thru all my stuff as well. Thankfully most everything has been an improvement, even some of my (formerly) broken bottles now work with the CrossTies provided with either few or zero additional hacks.

I have noticed what you have said though about XP/Vista. Alot of stuff is now migrating to Win7+ and hopefully the support within Wine itself is "Good Enough (tm)" that nobody notices outside of having to change the setting in winecfg. But I am sure the QA Samurai will be on that before most of us can get there.

My two biggest pleasant surprises were in the MMO scene, with Arc getting beyond usable for me (may have something to do with a complete rebuild of my bottle), and RIFT working again finally. I just wish I could poop a solution for The Elder Scrolls Online's need for manually installing that God forsaken certificate.

Andrew Schott wrote:

My two biggest pleasant surprises were in the MMO scene, with Arc
getting beyond usable for me (may have something to do with a
complete rebuild of my bottle), and RIFT working again finally. I
just wish I could poop a solution for The Elder Scrolls Online's
need for manually installing that God forsaken certificate.

So how did you get RIFT working again? (complete rebuild of bottle?) It worked fine for me in 14.1, but now that I've upgraded to 15, RIFT crashes every 2 minutes or so. It sounds like a bottle rebuild will finally get Arc (Neverwinter) working too? I haven't played it since they updated their game client half a year ago or so. It started locking up on me, so I finally just gave up trying.

That's interesting. I've been playing Arc games since CrossOver version 12.1, and I've never had any real problems. Back in version 14, Neverwinter, Star Trek Online and Perfect World all stopped functioning, but I think that had to do with changes in graphic rendering. With updated open source drivers for both Intel and nVidia, they have been working again. They are running even smoother with CrossOver 15. The only one that isn't working is Perfect World. The client crashed during the patch process. I don't think this is a CrossOver issue, but a problem with the patch servers. Champions Online has never given me any problems. All in all, I've been pretty happy with Arc.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXkzczZtNk5QVXczV3JmMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9