CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Graphics acceleration and packages Crossover doesn't see?

Every time I go to install anything in Crossover 14 or 15 on Scientific Linux 7.1, I get a notice that 3d graphics won't work. I'm not sure if I've messed up my config, but I have a nVidia GForce GTX760 which lspci sees, and I installed kmod-nvidia from ELRepo. lsmod | grep nvidia
nvidia 8642880 75
drm 349210 3 nvidia
i2c_core 40582 3 drm,i2c_i801,nvidia

From what I can tell (I'm not super familiar with 3d accelerated Linux, most experience is from servers and basic 2D GUIs) I have 3d acceleration working, but Crossover doesn't see it? Crossover also wants to install some packages every time I install a windows program.

openal-soft which is installed:
yum install openal-soft.x86_64
Loaded plugins: langpacks, nvidia
Package openal-soft-1.16.0-2.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version

pulseaudio: yum install pulseaudio
Loaded plugins: langpacks, nvidia
Package pulseaudio-3.0-30.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version

It also wants the 32 bit versions, but I don't know that they exist for SL7...

CrossOver's build of Wine is 32bit. You really do need the 32bit libraries.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS3c1bVRzVVR2VGZTZ1d4UCIsImdkcHIiOjB9