CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ipad/Iphone syncing?

Will take native if one exists, but I have a friend that had no backups of his system, and when he tried to update from win7 to win10 it killed his install completely. He is interested in linux IF he can sync his Apple devices. Any tips here? I am an Android and linux guy to the bone and its been a good 5-8 years since I had OSX on my Macs (now run RHEL6).

If I am missing something regarding native, any tips would be great. Wine related is fine too, as I can install linux on his system and build the crossover bottle for him (and force him to backup).

Thanks much!
Andrew.

The only thing I ever heard about was for media sync. In other words, forget about calendar, contacts, etc, unless you use gmail or something. At which point, your sync is over google's stuff, and the computer could use something like Thunderbird + lightning and some gmail sync extension. That's if an Iphone can be pointed at google's services. If so, problem solved without freakin' Itunes.

That being said, I wonder if you could pass on your question to Chris Fisher from Jupiter Broadcasting. I know the guy currently uses an Iphone (6s if I remember correctly). So pop on over to jupiterbroadcasting.com and perhaps drop him an email. Your question might make it on LinuxActionShow or Linux Unplugged. In any case, he might have a solution on hand.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess a windows license is what we need to get then.

Another reason I dumped iOS when Android became usable back in the day.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU3ptTlBONm5xN2JFTlhRQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9