CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't install CrossOver Office

I am using KDE neon LTS 5.8 64 bit which is based on Ubuntu 16.04. I downloaded the Ubuntu deb, clicked on it to open QApt package installer and tried to install. I got the error message: “Cannot satisfy dependencies”. “On 64-bit flavors of Debian and some Ubuntu variants, first open a terminal and run 'sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 ; sudo apt-get update'.” When I do this I get the following: “Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'http://archive.neon.kde.org/user/lts xenial InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386”

Is there a way to install CrossOver Office on KDE neon?

Rob,

I do not run Ubuntu, but had the same problem after a refresh OS install of PCLinuxOS with KDE 5. I did sort of panic as I have a number of
games and applications that used Crossover 16 in the previous install. To solve the dependencies problem I just installed the 64 bit Wine
package. I may not use the generic Wine binaries, but it did install the other required packages. Crossover installed without issue after that.

Hope that helps.

Try this.

echo "foreign-architecture i386" > /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d/multiarch
then
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386

if that fails try
sudo apt-get install multiarch-support

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQzhia2QyOWRKUTZ1OW1mZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9