CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout 76

Hey, everyone. I have Fallout 76 running but am unable to connect to the servers. Anyone have any ideas?

just read about this forum being for running and installing crossover. So, i'll be opening this up in the correct forum.

What version of Windows are you running in Parallels? I'd try upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10, if you aren't already. Maybe it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyways: you aren't going to be able to get it to work on a 32bit OS

Also, what version of Parallels are you running?

If nothing works, maybe try Bootcamp instead of Parallel?

I would not recommend running fallout 76 under crossover because it's anti cheat and hack system is as special as Destiny 2 and you'll run the risk of getting banned. This is what happens when developers don't want to support Linux or wine.

I agree, It's just developers being lazy and not wanting to embrace Open Source. They can say until they're blue in the face that the numbers just aren't there, I beg the differ. Like an old movie once said.....If you build it.....they will come.

I'm quite impressed you were able to run it at all, I struggled to get it to work and ended up giving up.

I've seen people run the game on vanilla wine, but have not heard of anyone getting banned for having using it on Wine. Either way, I guess it's a risk, and I am not aware of Bethesda's track record around online game bans.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3JHQ1pOUFBUcUcyc3FVZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9