CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

installation of lib that is missing world of warcraft,critical error world of tanks

I downloaded the crossover trial version and when i wanted to download world of warcraft i get this message.: Missing 32bit libjpeg.so.62 library: This is needed by some applications that use JPEG images in their user interface. The lack of this library may result in black icons.
I clicked on the file and it took me to the support page. I have these choices, :
With CrossOver 12.5, the libjpeg version CrossOver now expects is libjpeg8. To install this library, run one of the following commands as root or look for the corresponding package names in your favorite package manager:

32-bit Debian or Ubuntu : apt-get install libjpeg8  
64-bit Debian or Ubuntu : apt-get install libjpeg8:i386  
32/64-bit Fedora: yum install libjpeg-turbo.i686  
32/64-bit Mandriva : urpmi libjpeg8  
32-bit SUSE : zypper install libjpeg8  
64-bit SUSE : zypper install libjpeg8-32bit

To install this library, run one of the following commands as root, or look for the corresponding package names in your favorite package manager:

32-bit Debian or Ubuntu : apt-get install libjpeg62  
64-bit Ubuntu 13.04 and newer : apt-get install ia32-libs-multi  
64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 and newer: apt-get install libjpeg62:i386   
64-bit Debian or Ubuntu : apt-get install ia32-libs  
32/64-bit Fedora: yum install libjpeg-turbo.i686  
32/64-bit Mandriva : urpmi libjpeg62  
32-bit SUSE : zypper install libjpeg62  
64-bit SUSE : zypper install libjpeg62-32bit

I am using pinguy os 64 bit. I don't see an option in my package manager to paste anyone of these commands so what do I do?
I also am not using the us version of wow but the eu english version and down loading it now.

I tried world of tank us version and then i get a critical error and installation is aborted after .49mb, and it restarts the installation and same error again . What do I do?

Pinguy OS was based on Ubuntu from what I recall. You need to open a terminal window and input something like:

sudo apt-get install libjpeg8:i386 

The exact command depends on what version of Pinguy you're running because they use different Ubuntu versions as a base

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Pinguy OS was based on Ubuntu from what I recall. You need to open
a terminal window and input something like:

sudo apt-get install libjpeg8:i386

> The exact command depends on what version of Pinguy you're running
> because they use different Ubuntu versions as a base

I got the ubuntu 12.04.3 lts x 86_64  
kernel 3.2.0-58-generic

Then you probably need to run:

sudo apt-get install libjpeg62:i386 libjpeg8:i386

Why are you using CrossOver 12.5 anyway? The latest is 13.0.1

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Then you probably need to run:

sudo apt-get install libjpeg62:i386 libjpeg8:i386

> Why are you using CrossOver 12.5 anyway? The latest is 13.0.1

Well it was the one that was the default. Can I down load the latest one and will it override without losing anything?

Hi.
My "solution" to WoT install problem was :

1. Download FULL client from WoT website (in Your case us server)
  2. Copy client files to : ~/.cxoffice/World of Tanks/drive_c/Games/World_of_Tanks/Updates/
  3. Run launcher again.
  4. Wait to launcher install game.
  5. Login and play ...

Regards
Wojtek

Umm did you download that from the Ubuntu Software Center ? It tends to get outdated...

Uninstall version 12.5.Open the Software Center, search for crossover, click on it and click the uninstall button.

Get the latest version from here:

http://media.codeweavers.com/pub/crossover/cxlinux/demo/install-crossover-13.0.1.bin

After you've downloaded the file, open a terminal, go the folder where the file was downloaded to and do:

sh install-crossover-13.0.1.bin

The installer window should pop-up.

After you've installed this version, please run the following command in a terminal window

$HOME/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag --debug

Put the result in a pastebin and put a link to that here so we can check that you're not missing dependencies.

Ok, well here is where I am now, I am dealing with slow internet during the day (14kb/s, at night 1.4-1.7 mb/s so am doing all my updates at night. I am using my cellphone as hot point only access I have on boat to internet in marina del rey. I downloaded pinguy os version os_13.10-beta3-x86-64.iso 2.8gb, trying to burn the iso now but second attempt is stuck at %90 of creating image checksum. Something is still happening and it sounds like the burner is writing even thou it says "burning disk (100% done). If I get it done do I install/over write the new os version from download folder and if so what file and what folder is the exe. File located in? Once I installed the latest os version I think I look at the latest crossover version and install it. Any suggestions?

Or should i do this once the os system iso is burn bot up on it, will it install itself?

file size of the install crossover 13.0.1bin was 58.6 mb not sure it that is correct. I get this answer from the terminal window when i copy pasted the command
root@hans-G75VW:~# sh install-crossover-13.0.1.bin
sh: 0: Can't open install-crossover-13.0.1.bin
root@hans-G75VW:~#
the file is in the downloads folder but don't know how to get to it.

when i clicked on the link and it asked me where i wanted to download it it said file size 55.9 mb but i got 58.6 mb downloaded so I don't know where those extra mb came from.

I tried this now in the terminal window, not sure how to get to the right folder.
bash: /home/Hans/downloads: No such file or directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ /home/hans/downloads
bash: /home/hans/downloads: No such file or directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ /home
bash: /home: Is a directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ /hans
bash: /hans: No such file or directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ /home/hans
bash: /home/hans: Is a directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ /home/hans/downloads
bash: /home/hans/downloads: No such file or directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ /home/hans/downloads/
bash: /home/hans/downloads/: No such file or directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ /home/hans
bash: /home/hans: Is a directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ /downloads
bash: /downloads: No such file or directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ /dir
bash: /dir: No such file or directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ /downloads
bash: /downloads: No such file or directory
hans@hans-G75VW:~$ sh install-crossover-13.0.1.bin
hans@hans-G75VW:~$

The filesystem is case sensitive (so it'll be "Downloads" instead of "downloads") - try this:

sh ~/Downloads/install-crossover-13.0.1.bin

Hi Hans,

To change directories, you must use the cd command (which stands for "change directory of course)

for instance:

cd /home/hans/Downloads 

or

cd ~/Downloads

Note that the tilde "~" character essentially is short for the current user's home directory. And yes, the file system is case sensitive.

The bin file can't be used with sh. The proper way to us it you must first give it execution property then excute it like so (assuming you are in the directory where the file is):

chmod +x install-crossover-13.0.1.bin
./install-crossover-13.0.1.bin

The is another way, where you can change the extention from .bin to .sh. That will allow the file to be ran with sh. It so happens that .bin and .sh are related formats in this instance, but such tricks might not always work. You should also note that this reduces the greater security that the lack of executability of a freshly download bin file provides.

When I tried to install the file with Ubuntu software center i got this message.On 64-bit flavors of Debian and some Ubuntu variants, first open a terminal and run 'sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 ; sudo apt-get update'.

When i did the sudo dpkg I got this message. in the terminal window.

Embed Codes For Paste ID: 8vpx556G

http://pastebin.com/8vpx556G

I used ubuntu software loader and tried to install the latest version again and got this error message,Dependency is not satisfible: dpkg (>=1.165), then further down it says On 64-bit flavors of Debian and some Ubuntu variants, first open a terminal and run 'sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 ; sudo apt-get update'.

What do I do?

So I copied the command to the terminal and got this error back.
http://pastebin.com/gDZv5ik6

J-P Simard wrote:

The bin file can't be used with sh.

J-P you probably needed a bit of caffeine :P Of course it can be used with sh. But look where he was:

root@hans-G75VW:~# sh install-crossover-13.0.1.bin

He was logged in as root and was probably in root's home directory. He could not possibly run the file because it was not there to begin with.

Hans etter wrote:

I used ubuntu software loader and tried to install the latest
version again and got this error message,Dependency is not
satisfible: dpkg (>=1.165), then further down it says On 64-bit
flavors of Debian and some Ubuntu variants, first open a terminal
and run 'sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 ; sudo apt-get update'.

What do I do?

Are you running Ubuntu or Debian?

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

[

J-P you probably needed a bit of caffeine :P Of course it can be
used with sh.

Funny, it didn't work the last time I tried... It does now that you say so! 😋

I don't know what I was thinking, I think my vacation is rotting my brain. Something was in the back of my brain, like the fact that there is no association of the bin file with sh in file managers (like my little Thunar), and you can't double-click it. I must have mumbled it all up while half-asleep. S... happens...

I forgot to mention I think I am running the os Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTSx86_65

Kernels 3.2.0-58-generic with this http://pinguyos.com/
I am trying as well downloading and burning the latest beta version of that os system.

I did down load and tried to install the latest version of crossover as well as playonlinux but could not do it. I think I am either in the wrong directory or have incomplete/outdated package.

How and where do I find the right directory to install/over write old version of Crossover and does it conflict with playonlinux and any other wine setups/configurations? I down loaded the whole game of world of warcraft to the folder Downloads but not installed it anywhere . I saw the explantion on how to do it but does not fully understand and or know how to find the right directory to do it in.

You've kind of flown all over the place on Mr Simard and Mr Cojocaru. So I'm hoping adding my hand to the mix doesn't further complicate things.

You're running a derivative of Ubuntu 12.04. The debian installer (as in, what the Ubuntu Software Center provides) for CrossOver installation will not work with any verison of CrossOver later than 12.5.1. The first thing you need to do to get the latest version of CrossOver is to remove the 12.5 version the software center provides. This is not trivial.

Please do not become root in this process... that will not help. Because you're switching installer types and because of the way the Ubuntu Software Center handles packages, there are a few additional steps to get CrossOver completely uninstalled so that you can reinstall the .bin installer.

1. Uninstall at a user level:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxuninstall

When prompted, remove all bottles.

1. Uninstall at a root level:

sudo /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxuninstall

When prompted, remove all bottles.

1. Uninstall the "idea" on your system that you still have CrossOver installed:
    this is because the Ubuntu Software Center adds an additional placeholder that does not get cleaned up

sudo apt-get remove crossover-trial-bin:i386

If you were watching the terminal fly through this, you would see this error:

dpkg: warning: while removing crossover-trial-bin:i386, directory '/opt/cxoffice/lib/python' not empty so not removed.
dpkg: warning: while removing crossover-trial-bin:i386, directory '/opt/cxoffice/etc' not empty so not removed.

An so you'll need to do this (be very careful with this command, it can be very, very dangerous):

cd /opt/

sudo rm -rf cxoffice/

CrossOver is now completely removed from your system. Hopefully you've already downloaded the 13.0.1 bin installer for CrossOver. If not, it is here:

http://media.codeweavers.com/pub/crossover/cxlinux/demo/install-crossover-13.0.1.bin

Change directory to where you have this file. Then, do as you were previously told:

chmod +x install-crossover-13.0.1.bin

./install-crossover-13.0.1.bin

CrossOver will install. You should now have CrossOver 13.0.1 on your system. Now, run this in terminal:

~/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag

Look for what you're missing. If you do not have ldap, lcms2, libjpeg and libxcursor, fix them:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag

You asked this:

Hans etter wrote:

How and where do I find the right directory to install/over write
old version of Crossover and does it conflict with playonlinux and
any other wine setups/configurations?

The answer is no. Wine and PlayOnLinux are separate installs from CrossOver.

Finally, to get World of Warcraft installed, use the recipe we have baked into CrossOver. From terminal launch the software installer:

~/cxoffice/bin/cxinstaller

Find "World of Warcraft" and select it, click install and go. If CrossOver reports that there are missing libraries, fix them. Don't skip the warnings.

Good luck. If you end up needing more help, post back here or email ninjas@codeweavers.com and reference this forum thread.

Geez Caron, although you've presented a very exhaustive explanation, and I personally like it, I would expect an e-mail if I were you...

1 to 23 of 23

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYVczQUd1Y3VVM2ZiZThUWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9