CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Battle.net Desktop App on NTFS partition

Hello.

Sorry for my bad english. I want to install Battle.net app on my ntfs partition. But when i chose disc and patch battle.net app show me windows: Please log in as administrator.
I have kubuntu 14.04 32bit.
On 13.10 32 bit it works great.
Other apps with a user privileges like krusader writing, deleting on the ntfs partition with no problems.

Thanks for ansfer.

What you want to do is not supported and generally speaking not recommended. People have varying rates of success, as you yourself have experienced...

Crossover's Wine core can read but not write to NTFS correctly so we don't recommending running programs or accessing files located on an NTFS filesystem.

I always wondered about that. Awhile back I tried putting my bottles on an ntfs backup partition and it was hit or miss.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRkI1UFNacmVMSkFCN0dxUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9