CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Excel/Word files install as applications and create desktop shortcuts

I have a strange issue for a while, and the reason I haven't reported it before is because I always accepted the fact that wine/crossover don't work,and cannot work 100% well, and I was/am ok with it, as long as it does what I expect from it good enough.

The issue is that MS Excel and Word create desktop shortcuts (with crossover icon nad ink extension.), a lot of them. I deleted all shortcuts, but there are still entries in CrossOver application - installed applications. I am not sure why they appear as installed applications... What I did with these icons, before deleting them is I had put them all in a folder on my Desktop. I have deleted them (icons and folder) but they still apear if I look under CrossOver application - 'See all Windows Applications'.
I have also noticed an that something tried to installed known trojan (To copy it in C:\Temp), and this resulted in empty folder C:\Temp in my home folder, and the file C:\Temp\DDQKEVPW.SFP in my home dir too. I renamed it later, deleted the path from its name. I only know the date when this happened, it can been seen in the screenshot.
For the case the pictures don't work well, like at the moment, here is the link to my Google Drive folder with screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzWjtsNsrKcmYng5QXlJZEZTQVE&usp=sharing

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibjNBNHhBbnU3QVc1OEhmciIsImdkcHIiOjB9