CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

crossover cant find my openSUSE graphics driver

Hi,

I got a problem with my openSUSE 13.1 and crossover 13.2. I would like to install programs which need 3d support (Powerpoint 2010 and games) but they cant find my graphiccard. I already installed libOSMesa-32bit and I also created the symlinks like in this link described. So I get no more errors in cxdiag, which could cause the problem with my graphics.

My cxdiag

linux-83n5:/opt/cxoffice/bin # ./cxdiag
[MissingLibHal]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libhal.so.1 library"
"Description"="This may be needed for Windows applications to automatically detect CD-ROM and USB key insertion."

[Properties]
"display.depth"="24"

[Properties]
"opengl.vendor"="X.Org"

[Properties]
"opengl.version"="3.0 Mesa 9.2.3"

[Properties]
"opengl.renderer"="Gallium 0.4 on AMD BARTS"

Please tell me more possible solutions how I can solve this problem. I would really prefer to use openSUSE instead of Fedora or sth similar.

My system:
openSUSE 13.1 64bit with KDE 4.11.5
ATI HD6870 with free radeon driver

Thanks

Hello Netzheimer,

what do you mean exactly?

Do your games launch at all or do you get an error of some kind? Could you post a few screenshots of the issue?

It's unfortunate that openSUSE 13.1 is still runing on Mesa 9.2.3, while Ubuntu 14 and Fedora are on Mesa 10.2.x and beyond. This could also be the reason for the issue you are having. Our desktop runs Ubuntu 14.04.1 64-bit and openSUSE 13.1 64-bit in dualboot. I use a HD 7850 AMD GPU to power our apps and games. I get horrible performance on openSUSE 13.1 + Mesa 9.2.3 + default drivers. To make it worse, some games don't launch at all. Framerates are about 2-6x higher via Ubuntu 14 and Fedora 20 in direct combination with Mesa 10.2.x. This applies only to the AMD hardware I am using though. It's a complete different story when using the Nvidia GPU in my laptop. I don't know if it's just Mesa or some combination of drivers that's causing the gap in performance, but that's what I have been experiencing so far.

Btw, just in case you need the information a bit faster; I suggest you try one of the many support channels for Crossover. Most of my questions get adressed within a couple of minutes!

Codeweavers IRC-Channel: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/irc/

Codeweavers SUPPORT: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/enter/

Grüße aus Deutschland,
Alex

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidEtYdUZTV2VnSkhzMzVlViIsImdkcHIiOjB9