CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover and specific d3d libs?

I have a program I'd like to try again in Crossover. It runs fine in PlayOnLinux and vanilla Wine. In order to get it to run I have to install two D3D libraries: d3dcompiler_43 and d3dx9_43

I have no idea how to do this in Crossover. In PoL there's a step to install optional libraries. In vanilla Wine I use Winetricks. is there something in that provides these two libraries for Crossover Linux?

You can download the .ddl's and drop them in the wine folder where the dll's are on the bottle your using then go to wine config and use the new override Library and list those dll files in there. I've did that with some dll files on plain wine before i think it would work the same on Crossover but I've never did that on Crossover before. Crossover uses wine so it may work the same. Good luck.

CrossOver doesn't allow such granular installation of libraries (at least not so easily - you can try Mike's suggestion for installing them manually) - installing "DirectX 9 for Modern Games" should provide those libraries though.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidHlKN3lMVDhzNG5DOG1NVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9