CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2013 updates

I recently installed Office 2013 under Crossover 16. Word and Excel seem ok but PowerPoint is a little hinky, and unfortunately that is the most important tool for me so I'm trying to get things working as optimally as I can.
To that end, I am looking for some general advice on Office updates in Crossover. Is updating Office necessary? If so what's your approach? Running the service pack exe is failing for me. I've seen some folks suggest slipstreaming all the available updates before installing but I am thinking that the latest and greatest updates could potentially get ahead of what wine\crossover developers are testing and cause problems. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Henry

As for updating thats something that should be done will it break it in crossover? Who knows best thing i can say is just try it. Office has a good rating on the what works page are you using 32 or 64 bit office? if 32 bit did you use the cross tie to install office?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid3ZTNU1QWHMzS215V1paUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9