CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2010 Cannot Create Account (Upgrade in Progress)

I have installed MS Office 2010 32-bit. All I really want/need is Outlook and, of course, that's the one application that doesn't work. Everything else seems to work fine. The problem with Outlook is I cannot add my account. When I go to the File tab and click on Add Account, nothing happens. The screen has two red areas -- one titled "Upgrade in Progress" and one titled "Upgrade Outlook Connector". The latter has an Upgrade Now button but clicking it does nothing. The "Upgrade in Progress" says that it might take over 15 minutes but I have let the application sit overnight and it's not doing anything. I tried installin the Office SP2. Didn't change anything. During the original installation, I installed the 32-bit libraries that were required and I also enabled 16-bit LDT as instructed by crossover.

I have foundat least one other person who is having this same issue with a vanilla wine install but no one seems to have a solution. Anyone else here having this problem with Outlook? Any ideas on how to resolve this? I hate Microsoft Exchange as much (or more) than most people but, for most companies, it is a necessary evil.

Does CrossOver include the Microsoft Mail API in its install? I know on Windows, you cannot use Outlook with an Exchange server without creating a profile in MAPI. I apologize if this is a silly question. I have no experience using the MS Office Suite in WINE of any flavor.

I noticed the same problem myself. It may have something to do with trying to find and optimize the default mailbox profile which, under Wine, probably doesn't exist.

Same problem here...

Anybody have a solution?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmcySjlkSm1wYmRhbkZYZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9