CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Retaining the JName of the Published Bottle When Copying it.

The problem is that we looks the name of the published bottle when we copy it into our home directory.

The ADI_tools bottle is at /opt/cxoffice/support. The command we are using to copy the bottle into our home directory is /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxbottle --copy ADI_tools and what we get is a .cxoffice directory. As a result, we loose the information about what bottle has been copied in.

Is there any way to copy the bottle and retain the ADI_tools name in there?

I'm not sure if this is right, but my bottles are indeed in ~/.cxoffice/some_bottle. Have you looked in the .cxoffice directory? I would think the bottle would have its own sub-directory.

I thought so too but what I see when I run ls in my home directory is

ls .cxoffice/
cxoffice.conf default usage.log

Weird.

I tried looking at the cxbottle script just for kicks, but I'm no pearl guy, and there's too much stuff for a quick analysis. If I were you, I would just do a support ticket or, if you're using the demo, write to info@codeweavers.com for that one.

I don't understand the issue.

First, if you have a published bottle then you should probably not be using 'cxbottle --copy' to use it. Instead simply run your command in that bottle. From the command line this would be '/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxbottle --bottle ADI_tools mycommand.exe and arguments'

Second, this should make the bottle appear in the '$HOME/.cxoffice/ADI_tools' directory. So the bottle's name is preserved.

Great!!!

I wasn't sure if that's what the documentation was saying.

Ok so what happens if say 4 people are simultaneously calling /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxbottle --bottle ADI_tools mycommand.exe and arguments' a the same time? Will the bottle be able to handle that?

Yes, that should work, whether it's four separate accounts or concurrent commands in the same account.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNTdmZ0ZIV0x1WVV2RVFHUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9