CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2013 Registration Freezes

I recently installed Crossover 14 to run Quicken 2013 for Windows. Quicken installs and I can open my data file but when I try to download transactions, it asks me to register. When I register, Quicken appears to launch a mini-browser and I get a message that registration was successful, with one option - "Finish."

Unfortunately, when I click on Finish, it freezes and the lower left of the mini-browser has a "Connecting..." status that never changes.

I found something on the Quicken forums about a mondo update which I then attempted to install using Crossover, but received a message that my c: drive needs at least 100MB of free space to install the update, and I apparently don't have that. Since the c: drive is virtual in Crossover, I'm not sure how to increase it's size, or even see what's allocated to it now.

Ideas on either of these issues?

Hey Doug!

Let's grab some logs. Follow these instructions:
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/debug

As soon as you click 'Finish' and the application freezes, copy the log file to a separate location so that the errors are easily viewable and nothing else is written to the log. After the log is copied somewhere, feel free to close the app and upload the log somewhere public. Paste the log link in here afterwards.

Striker

Doug,

Sorry for the double post. I just found this!
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/quicken-2013#tip5336

A comment made by Jack Phinney:

Quicken registration is currently not supported in CrossOver. However, there is a workaround to bypass the Quicken registration window and proceed to a banking connection. You won't be able to update your accounts until you de-activate the registration prompt.

To disable the registration prompt, launch Quicken, and go to the "Tools" menu. Hold down the Left Shift+Left Control keys and click "One Step Update". You will then see a notification that you won't be prompted to register again.  

Striker

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicXF5M1dLZHJKcHFIblBWNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9