CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

2016 Microsoft Project and Visio Professional

I got a mid-2017 AVA Direct gaming desktop PC with an AMD Ryzen 1600X, ASUS ROG STRIX AMD Radeon RX Vega 64, 32 GB of DDR4 2,666.00 MHz CL13 RAM, Intel 512 GB 6000p PCIe NVMe SSD and a couple of Western Digital Black HDDs. I am using Elementary OS 5 "Juno" 64 bit GNU/Linux with Linux kernel 4.18.19 64 bit, OpenGL 4.4 (Compatibility Profile) with MESA 18.2.2 64 bit and AMDGPU graphics driver along with Codeweavers CrossOver 18.0.0 32 bit. I can install 2016 Microsoft Project Professional 32 bit, but when I try to open it up, it keeps crashing. I submitted a support ticket, but I am curious to find out how others got both 2016 Microsoft Project and Visio to install and run successfully using older versions of Codeweavers CrossOver for GNU/Linux. Do I need to downgrade to the stock Linux kernel and open source graphics stack? I tried this on my mid-2016 Acer Predator 17X (GX-791) gaming notebook PC with an Intel Core i7-6820HK, nVidia Geforce GTX 980, 64 GB of DDR4 2,133 MHz SO-DIMM RAM, and Samsung SATA-III 256 GB SSD and no dice. That is using Linux kernel 4.19.2 64 bit with the same open source graphics stack, but with the proprietary nVidia 410.73 64 bit graphics driver. What is causing the problem here and how did others get both apps to install and run successfully?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV2Iyd3F1dmJHRUN6QXJtbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9