CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

steam store browser not working

With the latest version of Steam, the store browser is not working (it stays stuck on the wait cursor). If I load up a bottle with an older version of steam the browser works. However, after Steam updates itself, the browser no longer works. Any work around for this? I am on Linux Mint 17.2.

You can use your normal web browser to go to www.steampowered.com, log in with your Steam account and buy stuff.

Same problem here. Steam's Help | About says:

Built: Oct 8 2015
Steam API: v017
Steam Package Versions: 1444343308

It's not just the Store pages. It's most everything except the Library pages. I checked every link and everything just gave me the spinning working icon except the following:

Steam menu item:

• Everything OK

View menu item:

• Everything OK except Inventory

Friends menu item:

• Everything failed except View Friends List and Change Profile Name

Games menu item:

• Everything failed except View Games Library, Activate a product on Steam, and Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.

Help menu item:

• Everything failed except System Information and About Steam.

From my Game Library, every item in the right Links sidebar failed.

I can't guarantee it, but I'm pretty sure these were all working fine a couple of days ago.

These pages broke after the Oct 7 Steam update. As I understand it, Steam started using a full sandbox mode for their in-app web pages that Crossover & Wine can't handle and that's causing the trouble. It's looking to be a really hard problem, so no timeframe right now. In the meantime write us a ticket https://www.codeweavers.com/about/contact-us and ask to be added to Bug 13322 so you're notified when it's fixed.

Is there a way to turn off updates and then install an older steam client for the time being?
Anyone got a link to the old client?

I don't think you can install and older Steam, the client automatically patches to current when it's installed and even if you don't specifically restart Steam when it says there's an update it'll still apply it the next time you launch.

We should have a fix for this coming shortly.

Josh DuBois wrote:

We should have a fix for this coming shortly.

This is now fixed in Crossover Mac & Linux 14.1.11 which we released on Thursday October 29. You can login to your codeweavers.com account https://www.codeweavers.com/account/downloads to get Crossover Linux 14.1.11 and then install that to update your binaries.

yo guys so i have the exact same problem but i just dont understand how to fix it on mac - Should i reinstall CrossOver? What will happen to my bottles?

Daniil Ilchenko wrote:

yo guys so i have the exact same problem but i just dont understand
how to fix it on mac - Should i reinstall CrossOver? What will
happen to my bottles?

You should be able to install the new version of Crossover on top of the old version; no need to uninstall. Either way, I believe your bottles will remain intact. If you want to be extra safe, you could use the "Export Bottle to Archive" option to make a backup copy of your bottles before you do the upgrade.

thanks a lot)

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlFWa1l2eHFRY3dQSDd4ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9