CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install problems on Mint 18.1

I am trying to install the trial version under 64-bit Mint 18.1.

During the install process, there are repeated "Invalid entry" and "Invalid escape sequence" errors in the terminal window (I am using the Package Installer). The errors come frm KConfigIni. The install just keeps going and I have to kill the process. Crossover then shows up in the Synaptic Manager as installed after a reboot.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Have you added 32 bit support? uninstall Crossover if it shows installed then open a terminal and type.

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

then
sudo apt-get update

and
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libstdc++6:i386

And now try to install Crossover.

You will have continuous problems with distros that employ a biannual release cycle as they frequently break dependencies. Virtualbox broke every time I upgraded Fedora.

Mint does a version with Debian stable as the backend (LMDE 2) and Debian upgrades take years to happen. You mightn't always have the latest and greatest packages but breakages are pretty much nil. Security is continuously addressed by the way, and enhanced by stable software. Debian has backports for access to some more recent packages, for example I use Inkscape from backports as it has features I use that the version in the Jessie repos doesn't.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieEp4R0ptNjY1R21SeldVWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9